Monday, December 29, 2008

Skin.. is it ever comfortable?


So Christmas happened, and it faded into the night, but christmas lights still turn on night after night since. It is that prolonging of "its not over, its not over" when really, guys come on, it is.

But Happy New Year!!

I have been spending the past few days in an empty house, full of new smells of a new kitchen and loungeroom. It isnt my home anymore as such but hey, why not enjoy the new stuff! I love being alone in this house. It kind of fuels so many distractions for me. Debateable if that is a good thing.

Heather and I head down the coast tomorrow to go camping. Our last getaway before she moves overseas. It will be good, even though my camping gear is shithouse. I found a water tank thing, a gas stove and a rusty stand for it, and a table that has a leg missing so, will find a few rocks to maybe hold it up?

The guy on the phone when I booked it, sounded pissed off that I was even booking a camping site. That or he has some sort of insect bite and was unpleasant due to that.

Yesterday I was going downstairs to answer the door to meet my old friend Jenna when i got tangled up in my thongs (flip flops, jandals) and trod on my toe and it cracked. Today it is swollen and purple. Looks fake in a way, like i paid a cheap makeup artist.

I feel so disconnected in a way, like i am unplugging myself from the past year, and blowing out the dust and ready to plug into 2009. Its pretty standard for people to do that I guess. I know the next year will shape me a lot and I feel more comfortable in myself. I am fitter, healthier looking and more confident. Though I still trip over my own toes and break them. Irony?

The camping trip will be my time to write more and just relax and reflect. Heather got me a gift voucher for a writing course which meant to so much to me, I need to challenge myself more with that, and continue with that dream to make and inspire.

Tigh reminded me that I need to keep living for now as well. Not to strip away the future with thinking too much.

2009... come on... come on..

No comments:

Post a Comment