Wednesday, December 7, 2005

Lloyd's Adventures in London 2005 Chapter 3


The sun went down at 4:18pm.
I can feel the cold radiating from the glass... trying to cling to the
warmth inside, as it touches my cheek.
Am at work, and cant really do anything cause Im waiting for some
people to follow up some technical issues on some programs im working
on.
This great town of London, I will walk out into in an hour, walk
through the executive revolving glass doors,swept up into the night.
I have a flat viewing in brixton and one in Elephant and Castle. The
one in Elephant and Castle has just been built. And rather cheap. Nice
complex really. And handy for the tube. Thats all most people care
about, whether they are close to the tube. It is a handy thing, trains
every 2-3 minutes, around the whole network. Sydney, get your act
together.
What have I done this week? Well last week was first week of work, it
went well. I had a 2 hour lunch on thursday at a spanish restaurant.
And then Friday me and Jamie went shopping for party food for a girls
birthday for 2 hours. Then at night Jamie and I went to Ardon's
birthday night out. I met lots of aussies and kiwis there. Was at a
place called trash palace. They are trying to be retro and cool.. 80's
music, bright red lounges. The red lounges were very bright, and
covered in people's jackets. Thats the thing, everywhere inside is too
hot, and can wear a t-shirt, but outside, you gotta put the layers on.
Sucks really. Australia is convenient. For more than just Burger
Rings.
I left fairly early cause I was so tired.. the next day me and Matt
had a flat viewing in Brockley.. like the vegetable. The tube was half
closed for maintenance (it cant be perfect) so we got to the place an
hour late. was a rather cool place, we got shown the rooms, and one
was difficult to look at cause there was this moody bjork looking
aussie girl with the flu inside. Kinda awkward really. We nodded at
the room and walked out, so we didnt have to feel the death stare
..>anymore.
The landlord liked us and asked us to move in. but We felt like we
needed to look around more, it was a fair way away.
Saturday night was Matt's bday dinner. But the arvo we both went
shopping in oxford street. I bought new dunlops. If you recall in my
last story.. i bought blue dunlops. They were stolen in the lobby of a
mates flat, which i found very amusing because everyone leaves their
french leather design shoes there and my dunlops got stolen. So yeah
i bought another pair.
So we went out for dinner with his mate and mate's flatmate and two
girls he knew at a summer camp in America. We had so much in common.
no really.. not.
Interesting though.
I was tired from my big week of first week at work so i went home.
I went out on sunday with oscar to see.... yes thats right.. Harry
Potter. I wont spoil the ending. but it was ok, like the others
really. Entertaining, a little long, The chick actress is the best i
reckon.
And UK cinemas are exactly the same. They have just as many ads too..
My mate Jamie at work is in Narnia too. We saw a preview of it at the
movies.. he is a fawn.
Then I just stayed up and read scripts for Iain then went to bed. Then
I have had another full 5 days of work. But enjoying it. Thats about
it. Its friday now.. think Im just watching DVDs tonight. Its 3
degrees outside today. The puddles were frozen over today when I
walked to work. its so different, so cool. literally..
What the weekend will hold. I dont know.
Lloyd
P.S.
If anyone isnt getting these emails, feel free to forward them on. And
if anyone emails me, I think I have been pretty good and I email back
everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment