Saturday, December 17, 2005

Lloyd's Adventures in London 2005 Chapter 5


I cant see anything out my office window this morning, its very foggy.
Another Friday morning and we have the afternoon off, and there is
chrismas markets in the courtyard outside our office this afternoon,
all a big thankyou from discovery really.
I am a bit tired with Discovery now, glad its only a temp job, have
decided I will probably finish the week before christmas, and have
another mini holiday before I work again next year on my other job.
Ok so what did I do this week.. highlights....
Saturday was very chilled out, rested from a long week. Had thai for
dinner. The restaurant was covered in pink gaudy paint, very tacky.
but amusing, and the woman who served us was nice but malevolent at
the same time..
Sunday I had a very odd day. In the evening I went with my friend
Steven to Soho house, which is a function centre for the film
industry. He was going to visit his ex wife he is good friends with,
who was running a big function there. So I was left to just chat to
randoms.. and this party was full of film elite. I had quite a few
people coming up and introducing themselves to me, including broadway
musical directors from New York, asking if I was an actor.. ahh no.
there were big actors there and everything. hehe and a drink was about
7 pounds. 7 pounds!! for you aussies thats like 18 dollars. It was all
rather amusing. And surreal. a few people gave me their cards.
then it was back to work monday.. and im so tired now. Cant wait to
have a rest this weekend. But its coming up to christmas, and Its all
really cool here, the vibe is great. Putting up decorations and
snowflakes actually makes sense here, and christmas lights through the
parks at night look fantastic, walking through them in the cold.
I might go out tonight, friday night.. I got invited to go to a party
by another aussie guy.
Post offices here are called post offices and they offer everything
from home loans to being a travel agent, to their own phone cards,
mobile phone services and christmas hampers. Talk about being a post
office!! yeah!..
Then this weekend i want to buy new ipod headphones, one is hanging
out of its socket, crying in pain. Stupid train doors..
I might also buy a christmas tree, and decorate it. Something festive.
Alright I will leave it there, I had positive feedback from people
saying they want me to keep writing, so I always fall to popularity,
so will continue. I hear thankyous already.
Hope your all well and safe, let me know whats happening. You will
always get a friendly reply, unless you offend me, then you might not
get such a friendly one, but an email full of luke warm sentiments.
Lloyd

No comments:

Post a Comment