Sunday, December 25, 2005

Lloyd's Adventures in London 2005 Chapter 6 AND 7


It has come to my attention that people are becoming distressed cause
i didnt release an issue last week. That is because its christmas and
everyone knows, all top selling magazines sell a DOUBLE issue for
christmas. It sounds better so of course i chose to do it that way.
Well what have been the highlights in the last two weeks?
Well on the saturday after my last email, i went to a club for the
night. Man that was a unique night. On the way there, on the tube,
this russian guy just started talking to us (us being Matt, jamie and
jamies friend) and he asked where the club was and we said he could
come with us, so he did. he was a bit sore, he had just gotten out of
hospital, he was bashed up by some guys that broke into his flat with
a lead pipe, he got a collapsed lung, and had a huge hole in his
ribs.. all stiched up. his name was igor. of course it was! So yeah he
hung around us the whole night, he had some interesting stories.. like
being the member of a german skin head group. we kinda nervously
chuckled.. I left early cause i was tired.. at about 1:10am. I didnt
get home till 4am. I got lost and walked the streets of london by
myself looking for a bus. one took me to victoria. thats no where near
where i live, but yeah i felt comfortable being on a bus and not on a
street.
but i got home, and when i told people here i didnt get any sympathy..
cause they all say, you have to have one experience like that.
I went to the Tate modern and the Tate britain. Both pretty cool
places, i rate the tate britain better, cause they have a lot of
historic art. Very my thing. And The modern art can be a bit creepy
sometimes.
As I kept heading towards christmas, london continued to get busier
and busier.. and more and more lights. and roasted chestnut venders.
they are overrated.
I had my work christmas party, in a warehouse next to the thames. it
was a moulin rouge theme, and some people went all out. it was very
..>fancy and there was all this good food going around. Me and Jamie the
antipodeons, got so much food, cause it was free. They english guys
are now convinced its part of our culture. to scab. so we are good
reps!
I met up with andy, from teen missions last sunday, it was cool to
hang with him. He was meant to go on my chile team, but didnt end up
going cause of a car crash but met him last year when i volunteered at
boot camp, cause he was going to brazil. anyways cut a long story
short, ruth told him i was living here and he has been too so we hung
out. We went on a goose chase to find a church.. but with no luck ,we
just got cold. We had no map. Dumb thing to do.
This is now the 3rd day before christmas.. its pretty alive here.
Everyone is cheery and merry. I got Oscar a present for letting me
stay so long. It was singstar, 80's version. Its a PS2 game where u
sing like karoke and it marks you and stuff. pretty cool. We sung
along to such 80's hits as tina turners "simpy the best" and "karma
kameleon". We didnt realise that the whole of Faringdon Road could see
us and we had a few people standing and clapping.
The last few days have been pretty cruisy. I have been asked to come
back to work next month, so while my other job is being sorted i will
stay here, its worth the money and the friends. Yeah friends and
money.. they really come together...
Alright well I will end it there. Who said double issues are worth their money?
oh i saw king kong and narnia. both were great in my opinion!
Have a Merry christmas and happy new year! Email me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment